On Clothes and CitiesHolon Fashion Week 2012 will act as a finale event to the unique solo show by Yohji Yamamoto at the Design Museum Holon. The event will focus on Yamamoto's influence on various fields in the contemporary culture and will deal with the relationship between fashion, architecture and the modern urban challenge. Next to a main fashion conference, with local and international guests, Holon Fashion Week 2012 will host several outdoor fashion activities, fashion performances and a unique fashion film program.
Holon Fashion Week International Guests * Damir Doma - Croatian-born Paris based designer, known for his avant-garde design and his inspiring alternative to contemporary fashion.
* Carla Sozzani - Editor, publisher, gallerist and a fashion entrepreneur. Founder of 10 Corso Como and Galleria Carla Sozzani.
* Patricia Mears - Deputy Director of The Museum at FIT
* Shala Monroque - A creative consultant and director based in New York City and works between Paris, London and Milan. Formerly the Editor at Large of Pop Magazine, she currently serves as the Creative Director of Garage Magazine, Creative Consultant for the American Reader, as well as Fashion Consultant at Large for both Miu Miu and Prada. Her innate sense of style has been covered in a variety of magazines including Vogue, Town&Country, The New York Times, and Vogue Japan. Her writing has appeared in publications such as Harper’s Bazaar, Pop Magazine, and American Vogue. Shala’s personal writing and inspiration can be found on her website.
* Jean Luc Colonna d'Istria - General Manager of Merci Home, Paris. Open in March 2009, MERCI is a Destination Store, located in the trendy neighborhood of Le Haut Marais in Paris.
* Ippolito Pestellini Laparelli - Associate in OMA (Rem Koolhaas) - in charge of all projects for Prada: fashion shows stage set design, web strategy, Prada look book, videos, website and exhibitions.
* Rafael de Cardenas - The Founder of Rafael de Cárdenas / Architecture at Large. Using color, light, and pattern, de Cárdenas has created artful, imaginative interiors for boutiques, restaurants and private residences in London, Rome, Athens, Cape Town, Chicago, Miami, New York, and The Hamptons. * Marcelo Burlon - Burlon Enterprise is an evolving one-man venture fuelled on Burlon's unique personality. An effervescent character, Marcelo switches between the worlds of fashion, music and art effortlessly, often blurring the boundaries in between disciplines.
* Popup shop at the museum courtyard
* Special collaborations between Israeli architects & fashion designers * A unique CLOTHES FOR BUILDING live project at the museum* Fashion films in Israeli premiere:
"Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has To Travel" A look at the life and work of the influential fashion editor of Vogue and Harpers Bazaar - Diana Vreeland.